This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Manoukian Brothers Oriental Rugs, aka Manoukian Rugs. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) is collected from you through the website, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the personal information, not to be confused with payment information, collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email* or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. (Never send credit card info through email.)
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
For online transactions, we collect all payment info with the exception of credit card info. While customers will submit their credit card info, that info will be routed through a 3rd-party, PCI-DSS certified payment gateway. In this way, Manoukian Brothers, Inc. will never come into possession of your credit card info. The only party who will possess your credit card info will be the authorized, PCI-DSS certified payment processor. All of this goes to keeping your credit card info as secure as possible. For security reasons, we will not disclose the name of the payment gateway, but we will share with you that is a business unit of on of the major credit cards. PCI-DSS is short for Payment Card Industry – Data Security Standard. It is an industry standard set by the major credit card companies, collectively. It is rigorous, which is why we sub-contract the processing of your credit card payment to a certified business partner.
- We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
- Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
- While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.